Graphic Design Services
Quality images, color, and typography will greatly enhance your message!
Let us help you appeal to your audience through:
Even the best writer need an editor! Besides spotting typos, a good editor or proofreader looks for all kinds of consistencies in style and format that may not even occur to the writer.
We will add the next level of professionalism to your book manuscripts, resumes, proposals, web copy, menus…really anything that contains words!
Different types of editing are needed for various writers and stages of writing. Take a look at these descriptions, and contact me to determine your project’s needs!
Essentially a more accurate version of spell check, this step usually happens AFTER typesetting, just before publication, and may involve:
- Correcting spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Checking proof against original
- Checking spacing and formatting consistency
- Querying or correcting errors or inconsistencies that may have escaped an editor or writer
- Correcting spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Reworking sentences and paragraphs for clarity
- Improving sentence structure for flow, persuasiveness, and consistency
- Noting permissions needed to publish copyrighted material
- Cross-checking references, art, figures, tables, equations, and other features for consistency with mentions in text
- Improving overall clarity/accuracy
- Reorganizing paragraphs, sections, or chapters
- Writing or rewriting segments of text to improve flow/readability
Looks at the big picture, the overall structure and content of your book and suggests changes you can make to improve it based on your audience and goals. This might include recommendations for:
- Maintaining consistent tone
- Cutting back or adding content
- Changes in structure
- Reworking areas to improve the clarity, flow, structure, and/or argument
- NONFICTION specifics: coherent/compelling arguments, logical flow, not missing any key points, not too wordy
- FICTION specifics: plot holes, undeveloped characters, weird pacing, strange jumps in point of view, characters who appear and disappear out of nowhere, inconsistencies, etc.
Book Design Services
For self-publishers who want a polished final product.
Simpler books may get acceptable results from an automated tool followed by a bit of cleaning up and customizing. But even that may be more involved than you think! Books with graphics or more than a few text styles will certainly need more expert attention.
Let us help you assess what level of design your product requires.